WELCOME!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

DID YOU LAUGH TODAY?

My first blog post. I was not sure what I was going to write about until I walked through my front door a few minutes ago. I have a beloved African Grey parrot named Smokey, as you can see on my profile picture. He has a vocabulary of about 100 words. He is quite a character and a source of much amusement to me and my fiance.

Upon arriving home, I call out to him "Hi Smokey Mommy is home, I missed you!" and from upstairs I hear in this little voice "Where's Daddy?" I almost fell over laughing hysterically. After I was done laughing, I respond to him with "Daddy's working." Yes, I am having a conversation with my parrot.

No one quite believes us that he talks because every time we have company, Smokey pretends to be shy and only lets out a few whistles and chirps.

I will keep you posted on Smokey's latest antics. At this moment he is repeatedly saying "I'm a genius!", his new favorite saying, and I truly believe that he is!

I hope you laughed today. It does a body good!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment